Sunday, August 30, 2009

New title

Okay I've decided to change the title of my blog. It was too negative and implied that I had too little time to do anything! Sometimes that might be true but I don't want it to become a self fulfilling prophecy. So, the new title. It's taken from a poem in a poetry anthology called... yep, you guessed it 'The world's contracted thus'. I can't remember who wrote the poem at the moment so I'll have to look it up. Either that or unpack the boxes of books I packed up four years ago when we moved here. For me the poem is about the centre of the world and the universe is here, and time should stop for those who want this moment to last forever. It's actually about two lovers in bed feeling the demands on their time pulling at the edge of their moment, but not wanting to leave. That's how I feel about my life. It's going too fast, I love it so much and I wish time would slow down so I could enjoy each moment more. Hmmm I could start philosophising about that now, but I won't go on. Suffice to say, I have a new blog title and this is it. Not bad given I haven't read the poem for at least four years. I'll probably look it up now and discover it is totally different to what I remember :)

No comments:

Post a Comment