Monday, September 7, 2009

Eclectic

There are lots of projects on the go at once here, so I thought I'd try and post about a few of them. Then I got distracted because my latest fabric from etsy arrived this morning.

So, I'll start with the etsy purchases. The first is a whole lot of half yards of the Tanya Whelan Darla range. I love it! Obviously :) It's very old world charm. Reminds me of my grandparents house on the farm where I first lived. I have no idea if they had anything like this in the house, but it makes me think of their house on the farm. I'm planning to turn it into a whole series of frilly tiered skirts for the girls. There are 10 half yards. The pattern I'm going to use is called 'gracie ruffle skirt' and it's from http://www.mariemadelinestudio.com/ I got the fabric from them as well. I love the speed that things arrive from the US. I ordered on the 29th of August and it arrived today the 7th of September. Actually, when I look at how long that took it doesn't feel so speedy, but approx 10 days is pretty good I think. They also have an etsy shop if you're in the mood for shopping.

I also had another parcel in the mail this morning from, cottonthreadfabrics on etsy. I got 3 yards of Michael Miller fabric. I have visions of the red material as a top for me, and the two dotty ones as ruffle pants or skirts for the girls. Or maybe both. The Amy Butler yard is from the Midwest Modern 2 range and is to hopefully finish the pinkfig Mia top. It is for the underskirt. What a spoilt girl R is that she gets this beautiful material for an underskirt!






The 3 pieces of Pop Garden fabric are to make a colorful top (eek!) for me for summer. The pattern should arrive in the next few days. Hmmm. I haven't managed to take photos of it. What was I thinking? I'll try to add them in later.

I also started my 'Simple Country Sampler' (don't you love the name) quilt on Saturday. Here are my first 4 squares. One I did in class, the other 3 were for homework. Yes, for the first time in my life I have finished homework early! The quilt is potentially going to hang in the family room so it is in blues, greens and with a hint of orange and gold; so it matches all the rooms surrounding it. The hand is provided by my helpful assistant A.

Finally, I have included photos of the flipsy skirt. I am still yet to do the final tie (I know, I know) but I really wanted to show it off. I did lie the material for the tie across the top, so you get the effect. I might try and sew that tonight or tomorrow night. I'm really happy with the way the skirt turned out, and would gladly make another.




No comments:

Post a Comment